This long, narrow brick and stone building was constructed 1905-06 by the Montana Anchor Fence Company, which occupied it from 1906 to 1911. The above view dates from 1910. At the upper right is seen part of the Unitarian Church on Park Avenue, which later became the Helena Public Library, and is now the Grandstreet Theater.
This building housed many enterprises over subsequent decades, including manufacturing for Brazier's Confectionery, Helena Dairy Products, the Domestic Laundry, several automobile dealerships during the 1930s-40s, a U.S. Forest Service warehouse, various offices, and an auto parts store. In its final years, it was an occasional venue for various church functions and traveling evangelists.
The property was eventually acquired by the Montana Physican's Service, and the building was torn down in 1966, It has been a parking lot since then.