on the northwest corner of Montana Ave. and 11th, The service
station of the Capital Auto Court opened in November of 1937.
The adjacent motel opened in spring of 1938. There was also
a coffee shop.
Every cabin had a decorative cowboy silhouette above the door.
The name changed to Capitol Motel in the 1950s. The motel operated
until at least 1971. It and the service station have been demolished...
OF KERRY BROWN
1953 View of the Service Station
back to HOTELS & MOTELS