Cross, who helped save bowlers' personal equipment by moving
it to his garage, lived nearby at 1128 Cole Avenue.
of 1957, the 16-lane Imperial Lanes opened at 607 Roberts, between
11th and Prospect. A year later, on August 31 1958, Capital
City Bowl opened at 14 West 14th Avenue.
Lanes was managed by Ellsey E. Lampman, a former owner of Capital
Lanes. One of Capital City Bowl's owners was George Schneider,
who had an interest in Capital Lanes.
Phillips "Quality Chekd" Dairy opened a new plant
on the former Capital Lanes site.