are two photos related to the Dickert Dairy. The panorama
taken in 1939 and includes a 1939 small panel truck and
a 1937 large panel
truck. the second image is a close up of the 1937 truck
taken in May 1938.
site of the Dickert Dairy was purchased by Fred Dickert
in 1912 and
operation started shortly thereafter. The dairy was
in operation as
Dickert Dairy until 1944 and then became part of McHugh's
panorama was taken from the east side of the current
facing somewhat northwest and shows the original house,
power plant, milk
barn and other out buildings located on the west side
of Helberg Drive.
Helberg Drive can just be seen behind the milk trucks.
building to the camera, a three stall garage, is still
on the site as are
some of the loafing sheds in the distance.
are pleased to have returned this property to Dickert
It now includes a newer home, barn and outbuildings
as well as 80 acres
which is half of the original site."