Garden Spot Market
1001 North Main
Constructed and opened in 1950, the Garden Spot Market at 1001 N. Main (Last Chance Gulch) was owned by grocers Paul A. Stewart (1907-1996) and Emery Louis Sullivan (1909-1975).
Newspaper archives show the Garden Spot in business from late 1950 until 1977.
Commercial construction on North Main from Neill to Lyndale blossomed in the hopeful postwar years of 1945-1950. Many of those buildings remain, and have been remodeled. The Garden Spot Market building is still quite recognizable as the Last Chance Casino...
Click on the Grand Opening Ad
to Enlarge in a New Window