Helena Business College
1883-1960


1891 CITY DIRECTORY AD


 

HBC History, 1946
Click image to download PDF file

 

Mary E. Jackman
Owner of the Helena Business College 1903-1906

Miss Mary E. Jackman (1854-1912) in her office at Jackman Commercial and Helena Business College, in the Horsky Block, about 1903.

Helena Business College was founded in 1883 and operated until about 1960. It was established by E. O. Railsback and E. T. Engelhorn, and changed ownership several times. Miss Jackman purchased HBC in 1903, but ill health forced her to sell in 1906.

At that time, she returned to her native Indiana, where she underwent cancer surgery, succumbing to the disease in 1912.


1903-1904 Brochure
Click image to open PDF file


KENNON BAIRD COLLECTION


Interior Views, Horsky Block
Courtesy of the David Poor Collection



 







COURTESY OF THE DAVID POOR COLLECTION


COURTESY OF THE DAVID POOR COLLECTION


Helena Business College Fourth of July Float, 1907


CLICK ON IMAGE TO OPEN A BIG VERSION IN A NEW WINDOW


The R. A. Fraser Cup, Won by the HBC Basketball Team, 1909
31-9 Over the Catholic High School in City League Competition
The R. A. Fraser Co. Was a Clothing Business in Helena