Helena Gun Club Helena Trap Club
COLLECTION OF KENNON BAIRD
1927 to 1946, the Club operated in the west side Kenwood
Addition, just outside the city limits. That early facility
was located near the intersection of Highway 12 and Linden.
interesting tidbit about the early club in Kenwood is that
members would periodically "mine" the range for
lead shotgun pellets, and over the years some 20 tons of
lead was recovered.
Helena Valley Facility
OF G. B. CARSON
CLICK IMAGE FOR A BIG VIEW IN A NEW WINDOW
11 1948 Independent Record
above are members of the Helena Gun Club, July 27 1947.
This photo by Les Jorud was taken at the Club's present
location in the Helena Valley, at 5505 N. Montana Avenue.
Helena Trap Club is still
IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD PDF FILE
A short history
of the Helena Gun Club and trapshooting in Helena.
Cliff Stump Trophy Shoot, mid-1950s
OF JULI PEDEN CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE IN A NEW WINDOW
|L to R: Hugh Adair Jr., Carl Carlson, Dori Knudson, Claude Carlson, John Delano & Stump Jr giving trophy
to The Helena Valley