brick veneered building stood on the northeast corner of Jackson
and Breckenridge from sometime before 1885 until 1897, when
it and adjacent small structures were removed for the construction
of the Rocky
Mountain Bell Telephone Company building.
In the background
of the top photo are seen buildings on Grand Street, which was
eliminated during the 1970s Urban Renewal era. The larger building,
with awnings in the windows, is the 1889 Hotel
on the south side of the building advertise upcoming theatrical
productions, many of which were performed at the nearby Ming
the building when this photo was taken was the tailor shop of
Barz (1840-1919) Mr. Barz evidently spent quite a bit of
time in neighborhood saloons, and was probably victimized on
at least one occasion by one of his drinking companions...