built this store on Front St. in 1957, moving from 501 Fuller.
Safeway operated at this location from 1957 to 1969, after which
the building was converted into State of Montana offices.
two Safeway stores in Helena from 1962 to 1969. In '62, a new
store was built near the Tower Shopping Center, at the intersection
of Montana Ave. and 11th Ave. The Front St. location remained