Scott's Toys
112 E. 6th Ave. (1951-1954) • 313 North Main (1954-1957)

 


COLLECTION OF KENNON BAIRD

Scott's Toys at 313 North main St., 1954. This small brick building had previously housed the Hambuger Inn (late 1920s) and International Business Machines (late 1940s). It was demolished to make way for the 1st National Bank Motor Bank, which opened in October of 1958. The footprint of the building is seen on the locator map below...

Scott's Toys was operated by Lyman H. Scott (birth/death unknown) from 1951 until 1957. The enterprise opened at 112 E. 6th. Ave in 1951, then relocated to 313 N. Main in 1954.

 


COLLECTION OF KENNON BAIRD

After closing the toy store in 1957, Lyman Scott went into the water-softening business.