The Diner
• 35 Neill Ave.
"Deep-Fat Frying will be our specialty."
46°35'35.07"N 112° 2'13.82"W

Located at 35 Neill Ave., near the NE corner of Woman's Park, The Diner was built in 1938-39 by Helena restaurateur Clarence Wise. The building is long gone. The small restaurant was white with red trim, and had a knotty pine interior. As seen in the newspaper ad below, deep-fat frying was their claim to fame. In August of 1952, Walt and Mille Schrock took over management of The Diner. They would eventually open Walt & Millie's Diner on E. Lyndale, near Memorial Park



The Diner, about 1940

 


Walt and Millie Take Over, 1952


In August of 1952, Walt and Millie Schrock took over management of The Diner. They would go on to open Walt & Millie's Diner on Lyndale Ave. near the Armory.


Go back to RESTAURANTS & BARS