908 N. Last Chance Gulch
Later The Coach House Motor Inn
Panoramic Postcard View of the Main Motel
OF THE DAVID POOR COLLECTION
ON IMAGE TO OPEN A BIG VERSION IN A NEW WINDOW
Motel, 910 N. Last Chance Gulch, 1950s
opened in 1949 by Clem Meyer. Attached was a 4-B's
Cafe, one of several in Montana, owned by the Hainline family.
The 4-B's chain was sold in 2007.
Motel, 1950s, Carroll College in the Background
Gunn purchased the motel from Clem Meyer. In 1970, Gunn
changed the name of the enterprise to the Coach House Motor
Inn. Gunn was involved with the enterprise until at least 1975.
phase of Main Motel buildings, 2004
COURTESY OF JEFF SHERLOCK
| On the
right can be seen the former Gertie's
Drive-In building, and beyond it, the former Armory (1942).